This tool is a must have if you like making quilts with these tall star point units. Sometimes known as “Peaky and Spike”, a nickname attached to the unit about 20 years ago by a famous quilter, Doreen Speckman, this particular shape has perplexed quilters forever. With Deb’s tool, which you can see used on our free online video demonstration (see below, also on YouTube), you’ll be cutting the center and side triangles slightly over sized and then with the same tool trimming the sewn piece to an extremely precise unit with seams perfectly placed for crisp, sharp points at every intersection. So think about adding this magnificent new tool to your toolbox, you’ll be glad you did.
- Ruler size: approximately 7” x 11”
- Eleven unit size options from 1” finished units to 6” finished units in half inch increments
- Step by step illustrated instructions, available to download
- Illustrated instructions for left hand cutting and trimming
- Fine lines for higher accuracy
- Free online video for unit construction and tool trim down (see below, also on YouTube)
- Numerous companion patterns available